Monday, December 12, 2011

Catalyst Contributors: Jaime Botero

Hi, my name is Jaime Botero. I’ve recently started my stint as Civic Life Coordinator at Catalyst Miami. I was raised in Miami, but left for Massachusetts to earn a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics from Amherst College. I participated in the Amherst College Rugby Team and I’m avid fan of the sport. I’m currently watching the Rugby World Cup held in New Zealand.

I started serving the Miami community by working at the Breakthrough Collaborative and then completing a term of AmeriCorps serving with City Year in Overtown. My participation in Public Allies led me to Catalyst. My main responsibilities are working with the Leadership Institutes that are run out of the Civic Life department and doing communications work in regards to stories of community success.

I hope to have a prosperous time at Catalyst and eventually earn a Master’s Degree that will allow me to continue working in the human services sector.

No comments:

Post a Comment