Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Interns for Impact: VIVIANA MAURI

Good afternoon Catalyst Miami blog readers! I hope you celebrated a beautiful 4th of July weekend with your loved ones!



VIVIANA MAURI
My name is Viviana Mauri, and I serve Catalyst Miami as their Communications Intern, one of my main duties being as Editor and Intern Liaison for this blog. Each day, I work closely with Communications Director, Cheryl Mizell, to ensure that all of the organization's incredible accomplishments, advancements, and hot news reach the South Florida community in the most exciting and effective ways.

During my internship, I have taken on projects I feel confident will prepare me for all types of future professional endeavors. During my experience thus far, I have learned to write press releases, researched Catalyst Miami's history in the media, assisted meetings regarding the re-branding and transition of Catalyst Miami from Human Services Coalition, video-taped two full days of Public Allies' Presentations of Learning, all while always making sure that Catalyst Miami's official social media pages are not only up to date, but in perfect sync. In my experience at Catalyst Miami, I have truly covered all grounds of communications.

A graduate of Young Women's Preparatory Academy's Class of 2010, I became a Posse Foundation Scholar to Mount Holyoke College. Currently a rising sophomore at MHC, I major in Romance Languages and Cultures, concentrating in Italian and French, and minor in Journalism, Media, and Public Discourse. During my freshman year at Mount Holyoke, I launched an on-campus radio show with good friend, aspiring sex-therapist and talk show host, Crystal Reed, called, "Crystal and Vivi After Dark." I plan to continue working with WMHC 91.5 FM South Hadley, as a Radio Host and as their new Promotions Director for 2011-2012.

Learning about the steps to re-branding Catalyst Miami is currently undertaking is knowledge I will apply to my new position at the station, as I hope to re-introduce WMHC to the Mount Holyoke student body in a more new, bold, and modern way this school year. I am also involved with my campus' newspaper, The MHNews, where I work as Assistant Editor to the Arts and Entertainment Section. One of my most exciting articles this past year as Staff Writer was a detailed coverage of the pop culture moment of year: The Royal Wedding.

I aspire to become a Broadcast Journalist, and envision myself pursuing a Masters in Television and Radio Broadcasting.

I would love to hear your feedback on the Catalyst Miami official blog, so please, do not hesitate to comment below or let me know what you're thinking via Twitter! Tweet me personally @VivianaMauri and if you haven't already done so, please FOLLOW Catalyst Miami on Twitter @CatalystMiami and LIKE the organization on Facebook for the latest updates!


No comments:

Post a Comment